Wedding in Massachusetts | The Tiffany Ballroom
Planning a wedding in Massachusetts? Whether you’re a longtime MA resident or you’re coming in from out-of-state, you’ll find many beautiful locations throughout the state that may be perfect for your upcoming wedding. There are also a plethora of wedding professionals in Mass. just waiting to help you plan the wedding of your dreams and vendors who know how to make it happen.
Selecting a Wedding Venue in Massachusetts
One of the most important decisions that you’ll want to make not too long after the engagement is the venue. The ideal wedding location should represent the culture, interests or personality of the happy couple. Wedding and reception sites in Mass. boast amazing views, the beauty of unique architecture and venues with historical significance that you will not find in other places of the country. Consider country clubs, a boat in the harbor or a picturesque winery.
Hotels are another excellent choice for your wedding in Massachusetts. Most hotels have lots of experience hosting wedding receptions and provide all-inclusive plans that include catering, decorations, D.J.s, and even expert wedding planning. Hotels are also great for out-of-town guests; just remember to reserve a block of rooms early. One of the most popular reception sites in Massachusetts is the Tiffany Ballroom at Four Points by Sheraton Norwood. This elegant, charming hotel regularly receives the “Bride’s Choice Award” thanks to its luxurious accommodations, friendly staff and trusted wedding planning experience. You can’t go wrong with hotels like this in Massachusetts.
Still not sure which MA location to choose? Here are some tips to help you select the perfect venue for your wedding in Massachusetts.
- If you are expecting out-of-town guests, choose a location that is close to airports or public transportation.
- If you have friends or family who have trouble getting around, make sure to select a venue that is easily accessible. Ask about handicap access if necessary.
- Don’t spend more than 50% of your budget on the venue.
- Visit each location at the time of day you are planning to have your event and take note of the surroundings as well as natural lighting (if you are having a daytime event).
- Take a friend or family member with you when you visit locations. They may see or think of something you missed.
- Before signing an agreement, make sure everything is in writing so there are no misunderstandings later.
Planning the Big Day
Once you have a location for your wedding in Massachusetts everything else will begin to fall into place; although wedding planning can be overwhelming as every bride and groom quickly discover. Your friends may handle the bachelorette party and your favorite cousin may volunteer to be in charge of the gifts, but to make sure things go smoothly you may want to consider working with wedding coordinators to help you plan the day and hire vendors. From florists to photographers, event coordinators have highly-qualified preferred vendors that have already proven themselves in previous weddings. Whether you choose to work with a coordinator or do it yourself, it is important to stay organized and give yourself a timeline to ensure everything is completed far enough before the wedding. One good idea is to create and distribute a detailed agenda for the big day including everything from your makeup appointment to the first dance. This way everyone will be on the same page.
Weddings on a Budget
Believe it or not, it is possible to plan a wedding in Massachusetts on a tight budget. Many couples do not want to or simply can’t spend a small fortune on their wedding. They would rather not go into debt or save the money to invest in a new home or on the honeymoon. Whatever the reason, there are many ways to reduce your wedding budget and still have the wedding of your dreams. Here are some other tips for tying the knot on a budget.
- Consider all-inclusive packages that are usually much more affordable.
- Keep the guest list minimal.
- Instead of an open bar, have a pay one (this has the additional benefit of keeping some guests from overdoing it!)
Whatever you choose, with a little planning your wedding in Massachusetts is sure to be one of the happiest and most memorable days of your life.