- Your engagement is an event worth celebrating: While you may be hyper focused on planning the perfect wedding, an engagement is a life moment worth celebrating. Take this opportunity to celebrate this moment in your life as you transition from dating to engagement. Use this session as a bonding experience for you and your fiancé, to take a day off from the stress of wedding planning and connect. Once the wedding is over and you’re a happily married couple, you’ll appreciate having these engagement photos.
- Get comfortable with your photographer: Your photographer will be spending a lot of time with you on the big day, being involved in and recording some of the most memorable, and personal moments of your life. You’ll want this person to feel more like a friend than a hired professional; so, it will be important that your personalities mesh. An engagement photo session will be the perfect time to get to know your photographer. You’ll learn more about each other, but also their working style. Bonus-you’ll get to see their finished work before the big day, so you can chat about what poses/style you liked and want to focus on for the big day.
- Get comfortable in front of the camera: Are you the type of person that likes to hide in the background of photos or runs when you see the camera pop out? Either way, it is important for you to feel 100% comfortable in front of the camera on your wedding day. Talk to your photographer ahead of time about wardrobe and color choices. Choose an outfit that makes you feel fabulous! If your budget allows, get your hair and makeup done professionally, which gives you a chance to try out different wedding styles. Once the session begins, your photographer captures how you interact with each other and, also, teaches you poses for the most flattering angle. Tips you’ll remember and be comfortable with on the big day!
- Get images for save the date announcements and other uses: This may not have been the first thing you thought of when you considered having engagement photos done. Save the dates, wedding websites, your guest book and thank you notes are all great ways to incorporate your beautiful engagement photos in your planning.
- Have more personal, natural photos: Your wedding photos will inevitably be on the formal side, if only considering your attire. Engagement photos are a way to capture you as a couple, incorporating the places and things that are most important to you. Start with the location. For avid sports fans, Gillette Stadium or Fenway may be a no brainer. If you met at a local college, grab swag from your alma mater and schedule a session on the college green. If you spend your weekends tasting wine or local brews, a photo session at a local brewery or vineyard can really set the tone! There are the more regional options, like a park in the peak of fall foliage, a summer day on the beach, or the iconic Boston Common. Add in some personality or even your beloved pet and you’re all set for engagement photos that will truly reflect your couple’s personality.
If you’re recently engaged and have started looking into photographers, you’ve probably heard about engagement photo sessions. While many photographers may include a free engagement photo session as part of their wedding package, here are five reasons you should book them (even if it’s not free).
Are you convinced? For more information, our wedding coordinators are here to guide you every step of the way.
Contact us: Tel 781-255-3159