As a member of the Banquet Team, this individual serves food and beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to high standards of quality. The Banquet Food Server must be knowledgeable of event menu items, their contents, appropriate table settings and service ware, and the correct preparation and garnishing methods. S/he is also responsible for setting up, maintaining and breaking down banquet rooms. This position requires good English language communication skills and the ability to lift and carry large and heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout a shift.
- Ability to work week-ends and holidays
- Ability to work from 6:00 am – 3:00 PM
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly in English.
Management Position: No
Entry Level: Yes
Pay: Hourly wage + tips